Take a healthy and tasty lunch to work today! This creamy avocado and wild rice salad in a jar only takes 15 minutes to make and is packed with wholesome goodness. Thank you UncleBen’s® for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Creamy Avocado And Wild Rice Salad In A Jar
Using mason jars to take salads to work is a great and easy way to eat healthier this year! There is so much you can do, so many options and ingredient combinations that you’ll never get bored. I love rice salads so I thought it would be fun to create one that would eat like a risotto – creamy and filling but also rich in nutrients and vitamins. Since we are in the dead of winter, making something more substantial like this wild rice salad is a easy way to curb your cravings for foods that are high in saturated fat.
There is also no need to add extra flavors since Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain Wild Rice comes with a packet of seasoning that takes care of it! I didn’t need to add any salt or use flavor enhancers since the taste was perfect on its own. You can grab a coupon here and save on all Uncle Ben’s products at Target. This offer runs from 02/17/2017 to 03/11/2017.
Combining Uncle’s Ben’s Original flavored rice with crunchy veggies and a creamy, lemon avocado dressing is very satisfying. It’s bright, savory and will make you co-workers jealous when they see the colorful jar. I’ve used zucchini, cherry tomatoes and yellow bell peppers for this recipe but you can use other vegetables such as carrots, spinach or celery. You can even add cheese, fruits or nuts to create your own version of this wild rice salad. As I previously said, the options truly are endless which is what makes this dish so fun to eat!
I keep mason jar salads in my fridge whenever I have a busy week ahead as they are simple to prepare and ready to it on the spot. Plus, they make it easy to keep a diet on track and will you help you stay motivated. We all know how hard it can be to eat healthy when our schedules are packed and have to eat on the go. This wild rice salad is small enough to fit in your bag and is mess free. The avocado dressing is kept in a cling wrap and sits on top of the vegetables. That way, you can add it just before eating so your veggies stay crunchy. Close the lid and give the jar a good shake before digging in!
This creamy avocado and wild rice salad recipe will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days and makes about 4 servings.
Did you like this Creamy Avocado And Wild Rice Salad In A Jar Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!
- One 6-ounce box Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- For the Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Greed yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Uncle Ben’s® rice according to instructions on the package. Let cool to room temperature.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide rice among 4 mason jars (I'm using 10 ounce jars) and gently press down with a spoon.
- Top with zucchini, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Grab a piece of cling wrap and put a quarter of the avocado dressing in the center. Take all 4 corners of the cling wrap and twist to create a little pouch.
- Add it to the mason jar, on top of the bell pepper. Repeat the same for the remaining 3 mason jars. Close with a lid and refrigerate until it's time to eat or take to work.