Sticky, sweet vinegar peanuts make the most amazing party snack! Eat them warm or cold, these sweet and sour nuts are addictive and only take 15 minutes to make!
Sweet Vinegar Peanuts
You know the sweet and salty walnuts you get at the Chinese restaurant? Those addictive fried walnuts you just can’t stop eating? Well this sweet vinegar peanuts recipe will remind you of them.
Easy to make? Check.
I’m not kidding – these babies are so good, my neighbor said I should package and sell them!
As soon as I tasted the peanuts I was taken back to Shanghai, strolling through Yuyuan garden where my mother and I stopped for a drink at the famous Huxinting tea house. Pickled quail eggs, fried tofu skin and peanut were served together with our pot of black chá (茶). It was delicious and such a fun, touristy thing to do – an experience so cliché, it could’ve been taken out of a Hollywood movie!
The combination of sweet, sour and salty reminds me of the food I ate while I was there. Classic Chinese flavor combo that’s so delectable and so satisfying!
Boy oh boy are these peanuts good. They look complicated to make but they actually only take 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish. The peanuts are baked in the oven and then mixed with a sticky sauce made of balsamic vinegar, cilantro, mint, salt and brown sugar. Sesame seeds are sprinkled on top and the peanuts are ready to eat!
Wanna surprise your guests with something out of the ordinary at your upcoming Super Bowl party? Make these. They’ll thank you for it. It’s best to serve them with napkins – like these fun Super Bowl napkins – on the side since they are quite sticky! The glaze isn’t the kind that dries up and gets crunchy but rather the kind that stays on your fingers so you can enjoy it for longer, ha!
More easy snacks for your Super Bowl feast:
- Simple fresh salsa
- Honey sriracha deviled eggs
- The best guacamole ever
- Kimchi pizza
- Thai pork chop crackers
Did you like this Sweet Vinegar Peanuts Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!
- Preheat oven to 400Fº.
- Lay peanuts on a baking tray, flat and slightly spread out. Bake 8-10 minutes, until peanuts are golden brown. Keep a close eye on them after 6 minutes to ensure they do not burn.
- Turn the oven off, take the peanuts out and leave them on the tray to cool.
- Put balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, 1 tsp mint leaves and cilantro in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a bubbly simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced by half (about 8-10 minutes).
- Pour sticky sauce over the peanuts and coat evenly using a spatula for about 2-3 minutes, until liquid cools down and sticks to the peanuts.
- Transfer peanuts to a bowl and top with remaining 1 tsp chopped mint leaves.
- Keep refrigerated until serving to keep the sticky sauce from melting.
This Sweet Vinegar Peanuts Recipe Is: