This simple slow cooker chicken soup is packed with veggies and simmered in a light and delicate chicken stock. It’s low in calories and fat and only takes 10 minutes to prep!
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Once a week I make this slow cooker chicken soup.
I don’t know why it suits my palate so well but I am completely in love with this easy and delicious recipe. What’s funny is I put the whole thing together as a way to avoid cooking! You see, I was feeling under the weather and the idea of making anything that required a certain level of concentration made me cringe. I thought “as long as it’s filling and healthy, I’ll be okay with it.” So I threw a few chicken fillets, some veggies and chicken stock into my multi-function cooker and slow cooked the soup for two hours. And what do you know; magic happened.
There is nothing fancy about this slow cooker chicken soup. As you can see in the ingredients list, I’m literally using the bare minimum to flavor it. The secret is in the slow cooking method – something happens to the chicken where it becomes so tender, it almost melts in your mouth. Slow cooking the vegetables also infuses more flavor into the broth, hence, making the dish taste more complex than you would expect. The result is a feel-good slow cooker chicken soup you won’t be able to stop eating!
This slow cooker chicken soup is particularly great if you are on a weight loss program or just looking to lose a quick pound or two. Though the soup is pretty light and clean tasting, it’s also quite filling. I often double up on this recipe if I have a busy week ahead – it’s the easiest and most satisfying way to eat healthy!
Other easy, healthy and filling recipes:
- Vegan lentil soup
- Healthy red potato salad
- Szechuan chicken
- Lemon chicken orzo soup
- Hearty Tuscan soup
Did you like this Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!
- ¾ pound chicken fillets, or chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 cups green beans, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced into thin strip (chiffonade)
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 946ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- Maggi seasoning (optional)
- Lay chicken at the bottom of the multi cooker or slow cooker and top with vegetables, except for the zucchini.
- Pour chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Set multi cooker on low for 2 hours and press start. Set slow cooker on low for 5 hours and press start.
- Add zucchini and soy sauce halfway through and stir well.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and a little Maggi.
High in niacin
High in phosphorus
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C
This slow cooker chicken soup will keep refrigerated for up to 5-6 days.